I love these people!

Friday, October 17, 2008

Educating Jane

There's a lot I don't know and I admit it pretty freely. It's hard to get information if you have to pretend you already HAVE the information and nothing stabs my sternum like not knowing EVERYTHING. Okay, I also enjoy outing people who pretend to know things, but don't, but that's just a side hobby.

Anyway, my current need is to know WTF Brooke Shields is talking about in the Volkswagen commercial that played last night during the Saturday Night Live Thursday Update (or whatev it's called), which was hilarious, by the way. Either you know the commercial or you don't. I've seen it a few times and still don't get it. Could someone explain it to me?

Please use simple words in your explanation and type s-l-o-w-l-y. Thank you.

8 comments:

Guinevere said...

My take on the commercials is that they're roomy and luxurious and women want them, but feel guilty getting one just for one or two people. Kind of like, shouldn't you have a family if you're going to drive something that roomy? So, she's coming from the angle that that's the only reason they're pregnant, is so they can enjoy German engineering. Frankly, I crack up when I see them. She's soooo serious and the pregnant couple is like, "What are you talking about???" lol

Did I type slow enough? ;o)

~j said...

go...

to....

www.routanboom.org......

to......

find.......

out......

more.......

=D

Anonymous said...

Seems Guinevere summed it up quite nicely. It cracks me up too though. I tried to tell The Man about it after I first saw it, and he was like, 'uh ya, sounds funny...' LOL :)
I like when the husband starts to defend himself, 'that's not why!' ... I think there are two commercials out now.
You could Youtube it...

meg said...

Very. Big. Endorsement. Contract.
Seriously funny!

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDZSxFLcMVg

This????

It's so hilarious!!! I love the stupid things!!!

Jane! said...

Okaaay... see that wasn't hard. I'm a fast learner when I get the WHOLE story... instead of one page out of the middle.
I would say that I need to watch more tv, but nahhhh.

Anonymous said...

I loooove these commercials! Cuz I'm weird like that.

Lorrie Veasey said...

What I took from it was that Calvins were back in style and that an alternative to Dancing with the Stars as the way to revive a flagging career is a verbal debate with Tom Cruise...
But that could have been just me.