I love these people!

Friday, January 2, 2009

Gimme Some SUGAR!!!


Happy New Year people!

How's 2009 treating you? Are you over all the wild partying you did on NYE? My neighbor and I watched TWO movies and drank a BIG bottle of margaritas.
(Hey, wild is relative.)
It wasn't quite so funny on New Year's morning but most definitely worth it.


I got the news from my doctors on Wednesday that all my brain and blood tests came back fine. You would think that would be a good thing, but that just means that they still have no idea what is wrong with my ears and thus have no idea how to fix them. I am taking another type of medication as a last ditch effort. I go back in six weeks and if there's been no improvement they will consider it to be permanent. Yay me.
That's going to be the last of that bad news. My first resolution of the new year is to get over it and move on to whatever be the alternatives so... unless there is a positive development, I'm done with that subject. I know, I'm sick of it, too.


So there's that, but my main resolution is to finish up all the incomplete home projects that are dangling over my head. Since that alone will probably suck up all my free time for 2009, there will be no other promises made to myself. I'll take you on a riveting tour of my abandoned projects at a later date, but for right now I will start by finishing my Christmas blog....


First your basic Christmas tree...
except it's not yours, it belongs to ME.




Yes, I'm somewhat of a camera drip.
That's why the photo misses the tip.

(But notice how cute Tinkle Boy looks in his Santa duds.)

A Christmas Miracle, oh so fine...
a man doing two things at one time!

(It's probably worth mentioning that he flubbed up the fire MAJORLY and the house filled with smoke so we had to open the windows when it was like ZERO degrees outside, not to mention the insane wind that was blowing... okay I did mention it... so women: ixnay on encouraging the ulti-taskingmay in your home. Some things just aren't meant to be.)


The buns were all warmed by the chimney with care...

Soon Juicy jacket sister-love flowed everywhere.

CatOne got some ribbon.


Yum, yum says the Dude.

And he won't even share, how totally rude!
But enough about us, a new year's begun.

(Which has nothing to do with this picture, I just like it.)


Here's wishing you peace and a nap in the sun

(as well as a significant lack of corny rhymes).

Happy 2009!!




But wait! There's more!!!

The Sugar Bowl is tonight.

GO UTAH!!

(and if you all could just look past all the formatting problems that I'm having... thanks, 'preciate ya!)

21 comments:

meg said...

I notice that You-tah was going to be playing tonight; might be a good knitting-while-watching game, since I don't have a stake in the outcome (other then my devotion to you, of course :-P)

Noanie said...

What formatting problems - you done good!
But how 'bout those Eagles - they're playing on Sunday - woo hoo!
Peace

~j said...

no formatting problems noted here...

enjoy the game!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Lovely pics and post! Happy New Year to you, and all the best news coming your way.

Tracie said...

Great pics! I hope Utah does as well as the Huskers did yesterday! GO BIG RED!

Sultan said...

I love the menagerie of cats!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Just visiting for the 1st time--loved this post.

Debbie said...

I'm so sorry you don't have answers to your medical problems. That is so annoying. Great Christmas photos.

Anonymous said...

Please move that camera around to the BACKSIDE of Homer next time he's bendin' over like that, okay? I'm a fan of the male backside.

Shupe said...

I should be over at your place watching the game with you!!! damned snow storm!!!!

oh well- I've started a new painting............... So I guess it's me and the brushes tonight!

I love you- hope that the ear gig works out..........worries me.
Quit making me worry biatch!

ShanaM said...

Great pictures!!

Diane said...

You are a poet amongst... well... poets. Good job.

Sucks about your ears. Fingers crossed you get your hearing back SOON (not yelling, just EMPHASISING). If not, I'm always up for those sign language lessons!

Anonymous said...

Looks perfectly Christmasy and I hope your new year brings good news and better health!

Love the last pic of the snuggly sleeping kitty cat ;)

meg said...

Yes, you can attribute that win to my focused attention- I cheered loud enough to scare off 2 out of 3 cats & didn't even open my knitting bag! :-D

Pat said...

Loved your pictures, the girls are such a hoot!!! Hoot what kind of word is that? an old word thats what it is!! sheesh Anyway I enjoyed your pictures and I hope you have a good 2009 and get all your projects done? My biggest today is my bedroom closet, hate going there! I posted my Christmas blog on spaces I know I'm bad but I will catch up here sometime. Happy New Year Jane . Pat

Anonymous said...

Jane, I can always count on you to make me smile. YOU. ARE. AWESOME.

(no really ... I mean it)

Love ya!!

Kelly said...

Love the poetry and pictures!! I hope the docs can figure out your hearing problem. Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Looks wonderful, Jane! Oh, and totally (kinda) off topic, that Santa ceramic in the background of the bun warming? Had the same one growing up as a kid! Maternal Unit did ceramics for years.

Anonymous said...

I like your rhymes, J! I am almost guaranteed a smile when I visit - except for the health woes. You have a great attitude, though.

Looks like your Christmas was grand. What color is that on your wall? Rose? I can't tell.

bless you, g

t i m said...

Great yuletide pics.

Have you tried consulting (insert TV reference here) Dr Gregory House? He can diagnose anything.

Joy Harkins said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I absolutely LOVE your blog, too! I read it every day :) I laughed out loud when I saw that picture of your husband and then read your caption.