I love these people!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Weptember


In case you missed the memo, it's National Wear White Week. NWWW is the week leading up to Labor Day when you cram in a final wearing of all the cute WHITE stuff that the Fashion Nazis *coughKAT* prohibit the wearing of after Labor Day.

Okay, I made that up. The National Week part, not the Fashion Nazis. They are fer-reals. The minute the clock strikes Day-after-Labor-Day, they tell us to put away our white shoes and skirts and pants. Probably jackets, too, but it seems like most things worn above the waist are safe. Apparently there are intricacies to 'the rules'.
Why?
Where did this come from?
I have no idea but as is my way, I don't understand it so I'm going to poke fun at it.

Don't mistake me for bitter just because I was ridiculed last year for wearing my white linen pants on September 4th, which had the bad fortune to fall AFTER Labor Day. So even though September 4th is a perfectly legal white-pants day THIS year, last year it was not and I was given a rash of crap that alas, is not a good thing to get when you are wearing white pants because they do not hide either a rash or crap very well.
In my defense, the weather was still sunny and hot but more importantly those pants were freshly IRONED! Seriously, no sane woman packs away white linen pants that have been painstakingly ironed. LINEN, people! I will never get back those 20 minutes nor will I let them go to waste.

I was originally going to lie about next Tuesday being National Wear White After Labor Day-In Your Face Snooty Fashionistas Day!
But that's so awkward. And who am I to tell you what to wear.
I just don't want you to waste your good ironing time.
So that's why I made up the National WWW day.
To save you the same wicked fate.

You are SO welcome.

peace, love, panty lines

18 comments:

Miss Thystle said...

So can I wear white shorts on my cruise in mid-september? Are vacations excused from this rule. Please advise.

Jane! said...

I believe you are exempted from the rule if you take all your blogfriends whose names rhyme with Pain along on your cruise.

Anonymous said...

You're BACK! I wore white pants last week and wondered if it'd be the last time. Such a weird rule but I admit to following it.

Sheri and George said...

I wear white whenever I want and to hell with the rules!
Above the waist, below the waist and everywhere in between! It's all fair game as far as I'm concerned. Who mde up this silly rule and why did we let them? Some snobby rich ladies who had nothing better to do?

Lorrie Veasey said...

I have a bigger problem when I wear white. It involves a guy called Ishmael.

Jane! I lerves that you are back blogging. It's like you came home to the crack den.

Liz Wilkey (a.k.a. A Mom on Spin) said...

Perhaps that's why I never iron and I am always in fashion. . .

ShanaM said...

I wear white whenever I want.

Clinton and Stacey from WhatNotToWear say it is okay!! But even if they didn't, I would still wear white whenever I wanted.

Kat said...

Just cut me to the bone people, just cut me to the bone!

Jane you will be happy to know that I have relaxed my total white rule after Labor Day. With the invention of 'Winter White' we can all now buck the system just a little. BUT NO WHITE SHOES! GAWD!

Sultan said...

The best thing to do is just to go ahead and become a Buddhist lay devotee. They wear white all year round!

Unknown said...

I have always worn what flatters me and my figure, which is what I think all women should do... and ignore all the hype that just makes them spend more money.

On another note: LOL, love your post.

Kathy B! said...

I don't follow fashion rules.

But this post is hilarious :)

I'm glad you're back!! Now stay.

Anonymous said...

I tried to wear white after Labor Day last year but I could not. Too many years of living in the South, I do believe. Straw purses and white clothing only between Easter and Labor Day. Unless you live in South Texas where it's tropical and then it's "iffy" at best. *sigh* I already have my white pants ready to go for tomorrow...

meg said...

Being a "big girl", the only thing white I wear below the waist is my one pair of comfortable walking sandals (it's still freaking hot here until sometime in November) & my full brief cotton granny-panties; the fashionistas will just have to get over it :-P

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

I just simply cannot EVER wear white pants, in any season. Because I like Italian food. And I've ruined enough white shirts because of it, so why make it worse.

Also? My favorite line of yours today: "I don't understand it so I'm going to poke fun at it."

Diane said...

Or you could be like me and never wear white. It makes my butt look big. Mostly 'cause my butt is big. OK, you don't want to be like me. I get it. No worries.

Gina (Mannyed) said...

Me an white don't mix no matter what side of labor day it is.

Jan said...

Poor me. I have to wear white pants to work. It is a pain and ever since I had to wear white at work I havent been able to make myself wear white on my day off no matter what season it is.

prashant said...

I wear white whenever I want and to hell with the rules!

Make website india